These will soon become one of your favorite cookies ever! They are crispy on the outside, while soft and gooey on the inside. Not to mention that they are loaded with chunks of chocolate and salty bits of pistachios. What's not to love?!
INGREDIENTS FOR SALTED CHOCOLATE CHUNK PISTACHIO COOKIES
Nothing too crazy is needed for these cookies; just a lot of our basic cookie ingredients, plus a few extras. Here's your shopping list:
• All-purpose flour
• Baking soda
• Unsalted butter
• Granulated + dark brown sugar
• Vanilla extract
• Chocolate chunks
MAKING SALTED CHOCOLATE CHUNK PISTACHIO COOKIES
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set them aside.
MAKE THE DOUGH
Step 2: Make the dough. Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together the butter and light brown sugar. Once light a fluffy (1-2 minutes), add in the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract, and mix again until everything is combined.
Step 3: Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until everything until everything is incorporated and the cookie dough is formed. Fold in the chocolate chunks and chopped pistachios.
SCOOP THE DOUGH
Step 4: Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop out the dough. Roll the dough into balls and place each a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
BAKE THE COOKIES
Step 5: Pop the dough into the prepared oven and bake them for 11-13 minutes. The cookies will look slightly underdone when they come out of the oven, but that's okay-- that's what you want. Let the cookies sit on the baking sheets for a few minutes, then carefully transfer them to a cooling rack.
TIPS FOR THE BEST COOKIES
♦ Use salted pistachios! To really kick up the salty-sweet combination in these cookies, I love using salted pistachios! But you can definitely use unsalted, too.
♦ Don't over bake the cookies. To make sure your cookies stay gooey and soft, make sure not to bake them much longer than called for in the recipe. If they look slightly under baked when they come out of the oven, that's exactly what you want! They will continue baking on the hot baking sheet for a few minutes once they're out of the oven.
♦ Top them with flaky sea salt. Again, another optional step, but topping these cookies with a little flaky sea salt gives them a nice little crunch and extra bit of saltiness.
If you give this recipe a try and love it, be sure to leave a comment and star rating! Be sure to tag @thehungrykitchenblog on Instagram so I can see all of your delicious bakes! Happy baking! ♥
Salted Chocolate Chunk Pistachio Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate bar, chopped
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set them aside.
- Cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and dark brown sugar for 1-2 minutes until fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until everything is combined. Fold in the chopped pistachios and chocolate chunks.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough. Roll each scoop into a ball and place a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Cookies will still look a bit soft in the center, but that is what you want. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes, then carefully transfer them to a cooling rack. Enjoy them as is or top them with flaky sea salt.