One of my favorite treats as a kid was a milkshake. Now as an adult, they still are! So today we're whipping up a super simple cookies and cream milkshake, but with a twist! This cookies and cream milkshake is so creamy, loaded with Oreos, and jazzed up with vanilla flavored vodka. It's a delicious adult drink that's sure to bring out the kid in you!
INGREDIENTS FOR A BOOZY COOKIES AND CREAM MILKSHAKE
Enough talking... time to make some milkshakes. These are so easy to whip up, and you only need four ingredients, with a few optional ones. Here's what you'll need:
• Vanilla ice cream
• Vanilla vodka
• Oreo cookies
• Chocolate sauce (for rimming the glass or drizzling on top)
• Whipped cream
MAKING THE MILKSHAKES
Okay.. there' s literally only two steps to making these, so it's pretty hard to mess these up! Start by adding the ice cream, milk, and vanilla vodka to a blender. Blend until you have a smooth consistency. Toss in the Oreo cookies and pulse/blend just a little bit to break them up. Now, just pour into your milkshake glasses and you're ready to enjoy!
TIPS FOR THE BEST COOKIES AND CREAM MILKSHAKES
I know that milkshakes are super straightforward in terms of simplicity. But here are just a few things you can do to get the perfect milkshake possible!
• Use other Oreo cookie flavors. These milkshakes are so customizable. You can use any chocolate flavor of Oreo cookie you'd like! Do you prefer Double Stuf? Like the double chocolate or chocolate mint ones more? Or even if you're a classic cookie person... they'd all be delicious!
• Add extra fixins! To make these milkshakes fancy, I like dipping the rim of my glass in chocolate sauce. You can leave it as is or even roll that rim in crushed Oreo cookies. Topping your milkshake with whipped cream and cookie crumbs is also a super fun way to jazz up your milkshake!
• Make them kid-friendly! If you want to make family-friendly milkshakes for everyone, you absolutely can! Simple omit all alcohol and substitute for a few extra splashes of milk instead!
Boozy Cookies and Cream Milkshakes
- ½ quart vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup milk
- 2 oz vanilla vodka
- 6-7 Oreo cookies
- Chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
- More crushed Oreo cookies
- Add the vanilla ice cream, milk, and vanilla vodka to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the Oreo cookies and pulse the blender until they are mixed in and small enough to drink your milkshake.
- Pour into two glasses, top with whipped cream or whatever other extras you want, and enjoy!