Ice cream is one of my favorite desserts to enjoy all year long, not just during the warmer months. So today, we're putting a season spin on a super simple ice cream recipe and we're making PUMPKIN PIE ice cream! Yes, pumpkin pie! All of the best flavors of fall packed into the creamiest, dreamiest no-churn ice cream.
INGREDIENTS FOR NO-CHURN PUMPKIN PIE ICE CREAM
One of the best things about no-churn ice cream is how much easier it is to make. No ice cream machine, no eggs, no hassle! So for this recipe, you’ll need just six ingredients to whip up a fresh batch of no-churn ice cream. Here’s everything you’ll need:
• Heavy whipping cream
• Sweetened condensed milk
• Pumpkin puree
• Pumpkin pie spice
• Vanilla extract
• Graham crackers
MAKING NO-CHURN PUMPKIN PIE ICE CREAM
If you've never made no-churn ice cream before, you will be amazed just how simple it is to whip up! To begin, whisk together the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until it has stiff peaks. Add the whipped cream to the pumpkin mixture and gently fold until completely combined. Fold in the crushed graham cracker crumbs, reserving a few to sprinkle on top. Pour the finished ice cream mixture into a 9x9 pan and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the remaining crushed graham cracker crumbs on top of the ice cream.
Pop into the freezer and allow the ice cream to freeze for at least 6 hours, or until completely frozen. Freezing the ice cream overnight is totally fine, too!
WHAT EXACTLY IS NO-CHURN ICE CREAM?
No-churn ice cream is ice cream that is made without using an ice cream maker. An ice cream maker slowly but constantly churns the liquid ice cream mix until it becomes a cold, creamy, frozen treat. But since this is a recipe for no-churn ice cream, you won’t need any fancy machines to make it!
TIPS FOR THE BEST ICE CREAM
Use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling comes with added sugar and spices, the cans can look very similar, but for this ice cream, you want to make sure you're using 100% pure pumpkin puree.
Don't skimp on the spices. The spices give this ice cream all of the flavor of a traditional pumpkin pie, so be sure to add at least the amount called for in the recipe.
Freeze your ice cream long enough. You want to be sure the ice cream freezes solid enough to scoop. I recommend allowing it to chill in the freezer for at least 6 hours, but overnight works, too!
If you decide to give this pumpkin pie ice cream a go, I'm hoping it brings you all of the flavors and joy of the season!
Creamy No-Churn Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup roughly crushed graham cracker, plus more to top
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream in the pumpkin mixture until completely combined. Fold in the crushed graham crackers, reserving a few for the top.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a 9x9 pan and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining crushed graham crackers on top.
- Pop the pan in the freezer to freeze completely; at least 6 hours or overnight. Enjoy!