Pumpkin and chocolate is the perfect combination for fall. And it gets even better when that chocolate is NUTELLA. So without a doubt these pumpkin Nutella swirl muffins are going to be one of your new fall favorite recipes!
INGREDIENTS FOR PUMPKIN NUTELLA MUFFINS
• All-purpose flour
• Baking powder + baking soda
• Pumpkin puree
• Granulated + light brown sugar
• Whole milk
• Unsalted butter
• Vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN NUTELLA MUFFINS
Start by combining all of your wet ingredients into a large bowl. This will be the pumpkin puree, melted butter, granulated and brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients-- this is going to be the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Using a spatula, gently fold everything together, just until the muffin batter forms.
Fill the muffin cups about halfway up with batter. Add a small spoonful of Nutella on top of the batter layer. Top with more muffin batter, filling all the way to the top. Repeat for all of the muffins.
To add the Nutella swirl on top, Top each muffin with a spoonful (about a teaspoon or so) of the Nutella. Using a butter knife, toothpick, chopstick, or something similar, stick and drag it into the Nutella/muffin batter, creating a swirl pattern.
Pop the muffins in a 400°F preheated oven and bake for 16-20 minutes. The muffins should spring back to the touch. Once out of the oven, allow them to cool in the pans for about 5 minutes, then carefully transfer them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
TIPS FOR THE BEST PUMPKIN NUTELLA MUFFINS
♦ Use room temperature ingredients. It's important to make sure that your refrigerated ingredients (milk and eggs) are all room temperature when you go to make your muffins. Be sure to set them out to come to room temp before baking.
♦ Don't overmix the muffin batter. Over mixing your muffin batter can lead to tough or gummy muffins. I highly recommend using a spatula to fold the wet ingredients into the dry, and fold every just until everything is combined.
♦ Fill those muffin cups! Don't be stingy with muffin batter. To get a nice, big top of the muffins, you're going to load up the cups. With batter plus Nutella, you're going to have a nice dome of batter.
If you give this recipe a try and love it, be sure to leave a comment and star rating! Be sure to tag @thehungrykitchenblog on Instagram so I can see all of your delicious bakes! Happy baking! ♥
Pumpkin Nutella Muffins
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Nutella
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Using 2 muffin pans, line every other cup with muffin liners, spacing them out. Set pans aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon until combined.
- Dump the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Use a spatula to gently fold everything together. Fold until just combined. *Do not over mix
- Fill the lined muffin cups halfway with muffin batter. Drop a spoonful of Nutella (about 2 teaspoons) in the center of each cup. Spoon or scoop out the remaining muffin batter evenly between all the muffin cups.
- Drop a teaspoon of Nutella onto the tops of each muffin. Using a toothpick or a butter knife, or something similar, drag it through the Nutella and muffin batter to create a swirled effect.
- Pop in the oven and bake the muffins for 16-20 minutes. They should spring back to the touch. Allow the muffins to sit in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack.