Fun fact: I hate raisins. I have since I was a kid. I remember picking out all of the raisins from my bowl of Raisin Bran cereal before eating it because I thought they were gross. I've always loved other dried fruits, just not raisins. So when I was craving the delectable, chewy texture of an oatmeal raisin cookie, I knew I'd have to add something else delicious to them.
INGREDIENTS FOR OATMEAL CRANBERRY COOKIES
These cookies are super simple to make-- and you probably have most of the ingredients you need in your house already! One great thing is that you only need your mixer! No other bowls required! I do recommend using a stand mixer if you have it, but a hand mixer would work as well.
• All-purpose flour
• Old-fashioned rolled oats
• Baking soda
• Unsalted butter
• Granulated + brown sugar
• Vanilla extract
• Dried cranberries
STEPS TO MAKE OATMEAL CRANBERRY COOKIES
These cookies are so easy to make, it's almost foolproof. Just a few steps stand between you and a freshly baked batch of cookies. Here's what you need to do:
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients. Combine the flour, old fashioned oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Mix wet ingredients together. Start by creaming together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
3. Combine everything. Add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add in the dried cranberries and mix again.
4. Scoop the cookie dough. Using a medium-sized cookie scoop, scoop out dough balls and space 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
5. Bake those cookies! These cookies need no chill time, so go ahead and pop them into the preheated oven. Bake in your preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
STORING OATMEAL CRANBERRY COOKIES
Store these cookies in an airtight container on your counter for up to 4 days.
Hot tip: Might just be my opinion, but these cookies definitely get even better the next day. As they sit in an airtight container, they get a little softer, even chewier, and are so, so good!