You know what I love more than pumpkin desserts? Pumpkin desserts that are super easy to make! And this recipe definitely fits that criteria. This pumpkin spice mug cake is the perfect quick after dinner or late night treat. It's warm, fluffy pumpkin cake with tons of cozy fall flavor. And the best part? It's baked completely in 90 seconds! Doesn't get much better than that, if you ask me!
INGREDIENTS FOR PUMPKIN SPICE MUG CAKE
For this recipe, you'll just need some standard baking ingredients, like flour, sugar, oil, etc., exception of eggs. No eggs are needed for these mug cakes. Here's everything you'll need.
• All-purpose flour
• Baking powder
• Granulated sugar
• Pumpkin pie spice
• Pumpkin puree
• Vegetable oil
• Vanilla extract
WHAT MUG SHOULD I USE?
While testing this mug cake recipe, I used glass and ceramic mugs, to see if there was a baking difference. I found that the cake typically baked a bit faster and rose slightly more in a glass mug, whereas it took a little bit longer to bake through in a ceramic mug. Both will work fine for this recipe, but one might just take slightly longer to bake through.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE MUG CAKE
You will be amazed at how incredibly simple it is to make this mug cake-- there's only 3 steps! Here's what they are:
1. In a greased mug, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
2. Add in the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix just until the batter is smooth.
3. Microwave for 90 seconds, until the cake has sprung up and is fluffy.
SERVING THE PUMPKIN SPICE MUG CAKE
Here are just a few easy things you can do to take this pumpkin spice mug to the next level.
• Eat it warm. For optimal coziness, this mug cake is best enjoyed warm. After baking, let it stand in the microwave for 1-2 minutes before eating.
• Top it! This mug cake is delicious on it's own, but can be made even better. To take it to the next level, top the mug cake with whipped cream or a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.