Cheesecakes are one of the best desserts, especially when they're easy to make and individually sized. And these mini cookies and cream cheesecakes are the perfect sized after dinner treat! They're light and creamy, not to mention you only need a handful of ingredients to make them!
INGREDIENTS FOR COOKIES AND CREAM CHEESECAKE
One of the best things about these mini cheesecakes is that they require so few ingredients-- you'll only need 7! Here's your shopping list:
• Cream cheese
• Granulated sugar
• Oreo cookies
• Sour cream
• Vanilla extract
• Unsalted butter
MAKING MINI COOKIES AND CREAM CHEESECAKES
MAKING THE OREO CRUST
To start on these little cheesecakes, you'll need to make the crust first. This recipe makes between 14-17 mini cheesecakes, so you will need two muffin trays. Line 14-17 of the muffin cups with paper liners. Set the pans aside. Also, you'll want to preheat your oven to 325°F.
Begin by crushing 20 Oreo cookies in a food processor until you're left with a fine crumb. Add in the 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and the melted butter. Pulse the food processor or mix with a spoon to fully combine. Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of the cookie mixture into muffin cups lined with paper liners. Using the bottom of a small cup or something similar, press down the cookie crumbs into each lined cup, flattening them. Bake the crusts for 8 minutes. Once baked, allow them to cool completely.
MAKING THE COOKIES AND CREAM CHEESECAKE
Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese for about 2 minutes, making sure that all of the lumps are out and the cream cheese is smooth. Mix in the sour cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Add in the eggs one at a time, and mix just until the eggs are fully combined. *Be careful not to overmix the cheesecake batter, as it can change the overall texture of the finished cheesecake. Lastly, you're going to gently fold in your crushed Oreo cookies until just combined.
Grab your pans with the cooled cookie crusts. FIll each cup equally with cheesecake batter. *Do not fill the cups higher than the top of the paper liners. Pop the pans back into the oven and bake the cheesecakes for 20-22 minutes. Once done baking, remove the pans from the oven and let them sit at room temperature for about an hour. Then, carefully remove the cheesecakes from pan and into an airtight container. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
WHAT'S GREAT ABOUT THESE CHEESECAKES?
♦ They're super easy to make! Unlike a full-size cheesecake that requires a water bath and can crack easily, these mini cheesecakes do not! There is no water bath required for these, and they should bake up without any issues!
♦ They bake up quickly. Traditional cheesecakes can take up to an hour, or even longer to bake. But these little cheesecakes take just over 20 minutes to bake fully.
♦ They are super creamy and perfectly sweet. Some cheesecakes can be tough, grainy, and dry. But these mini cheesecakes are so light and creamy, and have just the right amount of cookies and cream punch.
TIPS FOR THE BEST MINI COOKIES AND CREAM CHEESECAKES
While this recipe is fairly easy to make, Here are just a few simple things you can do to make sure you're getting the best cookies and cream cheesecakes possible!
♦ Use room temperature/softened ingredients. To help ensure that your cheesecake batter is totally smooth, be sure to soften your cream cheese and use room temperature sour cream and eggs.
♦ Don't overmix your cheesecake batter. When adding in your eggs to the cheesecake mixture, be sure to only mix just until the eggs are incorporated. Overmixing after adding the eggs can change the end result and texture of your cheesecakes.
♦ Allow the cheesecakes to cool completely. Once your cheesecakes have cooled at room temperature for about 30 minutes, pop them into the fridge to finish cooling and to chill. You want to be sure the cheesecake is nice and cold when it's time to enjoy!
Mini Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes
- 20 Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- 16 oz full-fat cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Using two muffin pans, line 14-17 cups with paper liners. Set the pans aside.
- Add the 20 Oreo cookies to a food processor and pulse them until they're a fine crumb. Add in the 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and the melted butter. Mix until combined.
- Scoop 1.5 tablespoons of crust mixture into each cup. Using the bottom of a small cup or something similar, press down the cookie crumbs to flatten it smooth. Bake for 8 minutes. Once baked, allow the crusts to cool completely.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese for 2 minutes, until is it totally smooth. Add in the sour cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract, and mix until combined. Add in the eggs one at a time, and mix just until everything is combined. Fold in the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Add equal amounts of cheesecake batter on top of the cooled crusts. Bake the cheesecakes for 20-22 minutes. Once baked, allow the cheesecakes to sit for about an hour at room temperature. Then, transfer them to an airtight container and chill them in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.