Remember in 2020 when banana bread was the most popular thing that everyone was baking? I think we should totally bring that fad back, because this snickerdoodle banana bread would soar to the top of the list! It's a super moist and perfectly sweet loaf with the perfect amount of crunch from being rolled in cinnamon sugar, just like the classic cookie!
INGREDIENTS FOR SNICKERDOODLE BANANA BREAD
This snickerdoodle banana bread is not only delicious, but it's super easy to make! For this recipe, you'll only need 10 ingredients. Here's a list of everything you'll need to make it:
• All-purpose flour
• Baking soda
• Cream of tartar
• Ripe bananas
• Granulated sugar
• Unsalted butter
• Vanilla extract
MAKING SNICKERDOODLE BANANA BREAD
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Grease a standard sized loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside. In a large bowl, add the mashed banana, granulated sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Whisk until everything is combined.
To the same bowl, add in the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon and salt, and gently whisk until your banana bread batter forms and there are no more floury bits. Pour the bread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Pop into the oven and bake for 48-52 minutes. The top should be just starting to brown and a toothpick should come out clean when inserted.
WHAT MAKES THIS SNICKERDOODLE BANANA BREAD?
Adding cream of tartar to this banana bread is one way to give this bread snickerdoodle flavor. Another way to make this bread similar to the classic cookie is to roll the entire loaf in cinnamon sugar! For this step, here's everything you'll need:
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1-2 tablespoons melted butter
To start, you'll want to remove your banana bread from the pan about 30 minutes after it's come out of the oven. Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon and pour it onto a large plate or into a wide, shallow bowl. Brush the entire loaf of banana bread with the melted butter, then place the loaf into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Using a spoon, scoop the sugar mixture and pour it over the bread to coat it completely. If the sugar mixture isn't sticking completely, gently use your hands to sprinkle and lightly pat it into the bread. Once covered, allow the bread to finish cooling completely before slicing.
TIPS FOR THE BEST SNICKERDOODLE BANANA BREAD
Even though this is a pretty straight forward, one-bowl recipe, I'm sharing just a few things you can do to make sure you're getting the tastiest loaf possible!
• Make sure your bananas are ripe. Brown, spotty are your best friends when it comes to banana bread. The more brown spots they have, the sweeter and softer they will be, which is exactly what you want. Make sure your bananas are not green.
• Don't over mix your batter. Over mixing your batter can lead to tough or gummy bread. Be sure to whisk or fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients only just until everything is incorporated and there are no more floury bits.
• Roll your bread in the cinnamon sugar mix while it's still warm. To make this bread just like a snickerdoodle, we're going to coat it in cinnamon sugar. One trick that helps the cinnamon sugar stick to the bread better is to coat it while the bread is still warm. But don't coat it when it's directly out of the oven. Let the bread cool about 30 minutes or so, then it should be the perfect temperature for this step.
If you decide to give this snickerdoodle banana bread recipe a go, I hope you absolutely love it! Happy baking! ♥
Snickerdoodle Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups mashed ripe banana
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1-2 tablsepoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Prehear your oven to 350°F. Grease a standard sized loaf pan and line it with parchment paper, if desired. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, melted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and cinnamon. Gently whisk all of the ingredients together until there are no more floury bits in your batter.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 48-52 minutes. The top should be lightly golden, and a toothpick should come out clean. Allow the bread to cool for about 30 minutes.
- After at least 30 minutes, it's time to coat the bread in cinnamon sugar. Remove the bread from the pan. Mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon and pour it onto a large plate or bowl. Lightly brush the entire loaf with the melted butter. Place the loaf onto the cinnamon mixture and roll into each side to cover, or use a spoon or your hands and sprinkle it over all of the sides of the loaf to cover it completely.
- Allow the bread to finish cooling completely. Cut into slices and enjoy for 3 to 4 days!