GUYS! GUYS! GUYS! It's Shark Week! For as long as I can remember, I have always loved this week. A solid week straight of nothing but new shark research, documentaries, and movies. Maybe I'm just nerdy, but I find it so fascinating. The last few years, I've been trying to integrate a bit of a 'Shark Week theme' in our week of meals, snacks, etc. This year, we're starting out the week with a batch of GREAT WHITE Chocolate Rice Krispie Bars! They're MEGa fluffy, taste classically amazing, and are super, super simple to make.
These bars are so incredibly easy to make. You only need 6 ingredients!
- Rice Krispie cereal (or any puffed rice cereal)
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Blue melting chocolate (Blue white chocolate)
How to make these Rice Krispie treats
First, prepare your pan. I used a pan that has high sides, because I wanted them to be massively thick. I used a 9x9 pan with 2 inch sides. Grease it (with butter) and line with parchment paper. I like to add a sheet of parchment just going one direction, because it helps get them out of the pan once they're cooled. Set the pan aside.
In a large, microwave-safe bowl, add the unsalted butter and marshmallows. Microwave in 30-40 second intervals, stirring after each. Do this until the marshmallows are completely melted.
Once everything is melted, add in the rice cereal a few cups at a time. After all of the cereal has been added and is all covered in marshmallow, add in the blue M&M's and give it a good stir.
Pour the marshmallow cereal mix into the prepared pan. Grease a spatula or your hands, and press the mix tightly into the pan. It is going to seem like a lot of mixture, but just keep flattening! It will fit!
Once everything is pressed into the pan, allow it to cool and harden for at least an hour. You can also put them in the refrigerator to speed up the process. After cooling, remove from the pan, and cut into squares (I do 9 for larger bars). Melt the blue melting chocolates in the microwave. You can either drizzle with a spoon, or use a piping bag/ziploc to drizzle.
And BOOM! You're done!
Reasons why I love these Rice Krispie bars
1. They're super simple to make. These treat bars only require 6 ingredients... so there's basically no excuse to not make these!
2. They will take you back to your childhood. Who doesn't remember eating Rice Krispie treats as a kid?! It was always super exciting when you opened your lunch box at school to find that iconic shiny blue wrapper in there. It was always like finding gold! Well, these have a very classic, nostalgic Krispie treat flavor.
3. They're a no-bake recipe! With the summer heat, sometimes I just don't feel like turning the oven on. These bars are perfect, because they only require a microwave... So they're the perfect summer treat to make when it's hot out!
4. You can definitely make these anytime, not just for Shark Week! You can definitely get creative with these! You can use any color M&M's, and use any colored or uncolored white chocolate you want!