A smooth, creamy, and perfectly sweet strawberries & cream milkshake. And the best part? You only need 3 ingredients to make them! Made with a blend of vanilla ice cream, strawberries, vanilla extract, and Pennsylvania Dutch Strawberries & Cream liqueur, these milkshakes are soon to become one of your favorite, easy sweet treats!
INGREDIENTS FOR STRAWBERRIES & CREAM MILKSHAKE
These milkshakes are crazy simple to make. They blend up in just a matter of seconds, and you only need 3 ingredients! This recipe makes 2 large milkshakes, so let's get to making them! Here's a list of everything you'll need.
• Vanilla ice cream
• Pennsylvania Dutch Strawberries & Cream Liqueur
• Fresh or frozen strawberries
HOW TO MAKE THE MILKSHAKES
You are going to amazed at just how fast these strawberries & cream milkshakes are to whip up.
To make, all you need to do is add all of your milkshake ingredients to a blender. Blend for 10-15 seconds until smooth. If you use frozen strawberries or want your milkshake to be thinner, add a few more splashes of liqueur or milk.
AND THAT'S IT! You're ready to enjoy!
WHAT MAKES THESE MILKSHAKES SPECIAL?
One of the things that makes this milkshake so incredibly delicious is Pennsylvania Dutch Strawberries & Cream Liqueur. Pennsylvania Dutch Cream Liqueurs are made with farm fresh, real dairy cream. The new Strawberries & Cream Liqueur is perfectly sweet, and made with a blend of real pureed strawberries and fresh dairy cream. For this milkshake, we're subbing the milk for this Strawberries & Cream liqueur, and I promise... you won't be disappointed!
SHOULD I USE FRESH OR FROZEN STRAWBERRIES?
Either fresh or frozen strawberries will work perfectly for this milkshake recipe. Frozen strawberries will make your milkshake thicker, so if you use them, you probably need to add a splash or two more of the liqueur or milk to thin it out.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR THE BEST STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM MILKSHAKES
Even though this will be one of the easiest recipes you'll ever make, I'm sharing just a few helpful points to make sure you have the best milkshake experience possible.
• Chill you milkshake glasses. If you have time, I highly recommend chilling your milkshake glasses in the freezer for a bit before making your milkshakes. It will help keep your milkshake colder for longer, and it will feel like you're drinking an old-school diner milkshake!
• Subbing the liqueur. If you need to make these milkshakes kid-friendly or alcohol-free, you can simply substitute the liqueur in this recipe for regular or strawberry milk.
• Jazz them up! If you are making these for a special occasion or are just feeling fancy, you can definitely do a few simple things to elevate these milkshakes even more. Top them with loads of whipped cream, sprinkle them with crushed freeze-dried strawberries, sprinkles, or even top with a fresh strawberry.
This post is sponsored by Pennsylvania Dutch. All wording and thoughts are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that help make The Hungry Kitchen possible!