Sometimes, simple cocktails are the best cocktails. So today, we're making super simple strawberry shortcake martinis! They're made with a blend of strawberries & cream liqueur and flavored vodkas, and a few optional ingredients for you liking! And don't be fooled-- just because these are simple cocktails doesn't mean they taste like simple cocktails. These strawberry shortcake martinis are the are so flavorful and delicious!
INGREDIENTS FOR STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE MARTINIS
For these strawberry shortcake martinis, you're only going to need 4 ingredients, plus a few optional ones. Then only equipment you'll need will be a cocktail shaker and a martini glass.
• Pennsylvania Dutch Strawberries & Cream Liqueur
• Cake flavored vodka
• Vanilla flavored vodka
• Simple syrup (for added sweetness)
• Graham cracker crumbs (for rimming the glass)
• Fresh strawberries (for garnish)
MAKING THE MARTINIS
Making one of these strawberry shortcake martinis is super easy and takes just a few mintues from start to finish. Begin by filling a cocktail shaker about halfway with ice. Pour all of the martini ingredients into it. Cover and shake well for about 20 seconds. Strain drink into a martini glass. Enjoy immediately.
WHAT MAKES THESE MARTINIS STRAWBERRY?
What makes these strawberry shortcakes so special and delicious, you ask? Well, it's Pennsylvania Dutch Strawberries & Cream liqueur! Made with a blend of fresh strawberry puree and real locally sourced dairy cream, it gives the martinis incredible creaminess and amazing strawberry flavor!
TIPS FOR THE BEST MARTINIS
These little cocktails are pretty straightforward to make, but here are just a few small tips to make sure you get the best martini possible!
• Sweeten your martini. If you like your cocktails with a little added sweetness, you can add simple syrup to yours. Add a little at a time, up to about ½ oz, until you've reached your desired level of sweetness.
• Shake, shake, shake! You want to make sure your martini is mixed super well and is nice and cold. Be sure to shake your martini for about 20 seconds to ensure both.
• Rim your glass! To play up the strawberry shortcake theme, I love rimming the glass with graham cracker crumbs. It's a subtle but fun way to get more shortcake-type flavor into the drink.
This post is sponsored by Pennsylvania Dutch. All wording and thoughts are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that help make The Hungry Kitchen possible!