I know I have said this before, but chocolate and peanut butter are the ultimate flavor combo. And these cookies are no exception. They're rich chocolate peanut butter cookies that are packed with Reese's Pieces candies. They're soft and chewy cookies with just a little bit of crunch from the candies.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR REESE'S PIECES COOKIES
To whip up a batch of these cookies, Here's everything you'll need to whip up a batch of these cookies:
• All-purpose flour
• Dutch-processed cocoa powder
• Baking soda
• Espresso Powder (optional)
• Peanut butter
• Unsalted butter
• Granulated + light brown sugar
• Vanilla extract
• Reese's pieces
MAKING THE COOKIES
These cookies could not be simpler to make! They come together in just a few steps, and you'll be devouring freshly baked cookies before you know it! Here's what you'll do:
Step 1: Cream together the softened butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
Step 2: Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder to the bowl and mix until a dough forms. Lastly, fold in the Reese's Pieces.
Step 3: Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough. Place cookies a few inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. *You should get between 9-12 cookies.
Step 4: Pop into a 350°F preheated oven and bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes.
TIPS FOR THE BEST COOKIES
♦ Don't skip the espresso powder. While it is totally optional to use, adding espresso powder to chocolate baked goods help bring out the richness of the chocolate flavor.
♦ Use a cookie scoop. I love using a cookie scoop. It is a super easy way to make sure all of your cookies are the same size. This helps you get the right amount of cookies for a recipe, and makes sure they're all baked the same!
♦ Don't over bake the cookies! I always say that it’s better to under bake your cookies than to over bake them. If you bake them much longer than the amount of time called for, they could get hard and a bit dry once cooled.
If you give this recipe a try and love it, be sure to leave a comment and star rating! Be sure to tag @thehungrykitchenblog on Instagram so I can see all of your delicious bakes! Happy baking! ♥
Chocolate Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon espresso powder
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Reese's Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a baking mat. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, combine the peanut butter, softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Cream together for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture is fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder and mix to combine. Fold in the Reese's Pieces.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough and place cookies about a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.* Top with more Reese's candies, if desired.
- Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes. Edges will be firm and the center will be slightly soft. Remove from oven and let rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.