Rocky road is one of the best flavors out there. For starters, it's chocolate... which makes it so good to begin with. But then you add in tons of almonds and marshmallow, and it's even more incredible! So today, we're making a giant single-serve rocky road cookie that is loaded with so much goodness in every bite. It's easy to make, and the best part? Sharing is optional 😉
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR A GIANT ROCKY ROAD COOKIE
Alright, if you can't stop drooling like me thinking about this cookie, then it's time to get baking! Here's a rundown of everything you'll need to make one!
• All-purpose flour
• Cocoa powder
• Baking powder
• Unsalted butter
• Granulated + brown sugar
• Egg yolk
• Vanilla extract
• Chocolate chips
• Mini marshmallows
• Sliced almonds
MAKING THIS SINGLE-SERVE COOKIE
This giant rocky road cookie is so simple to make. To begin, mix together the melted butter and sugars until combined. Add in the egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Next, add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and mix until the dough starts to forms. Note: the dough will be a bit wet.
Fold in the chocolate chips and sliced almonds. Pop the dough into the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes. Once chilled, form the dough into one big round ball and place it in the center of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (you can absolutely make this recipe into two larger cookies instead of one giant cookie, you might just have to adjust the baking time slightly). Gently press more chocolate chips and sliced almond into the top of the dough ball. Pop it into a preheated 350°F oven, and bake for 19-22 minutes. After baking about 17 minutes, pull the cookie out of the oven and press the mini marshmallows into the top of the cookie. Pop the cookie back in the oven, and continue baking it for another 2-5 minutes. If the cookie spreads a bit too much, just use a spatula or spoon to gently pull the sides of the cookie in to round it out.
Allow the cookie to cool for about 5-10 minutes on the pan before transferring to a cooling rack. Then, you can let it cool completely or enjoy it warm!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST ROCKY ROAD COOKIE
Giant cookies like this are usually pretty straightfoward recipes to make, but I wanted to include just a few things you can do to make sure you bake up the best giant rocky road cookie possible!
• Don't skip the chill time. I know that chilling cookie dough seems so unnecessary and annoying. But I promise you that the short 30 minutes this dough needs to chill is so worth it in the end! It will help the cookie from spreading too much while it bakes.
• Top with more goodies! Before baking, I love adding a few extra chocolate chips and sliced almonds to the top of the cookie dough. Then once the cookie is fresh out of the oven, I love pressing more mini marshmallows right into the top of the cookie. This way, they get nice and gooey, but don't burn in the oven while the cookie bakes.
• Enjoy it warm! You can choose to eat this cookie warm or completely cooled, but my favorite way to enjoy it is warm and with a big glass of milk. I love them the cookie is still warm and the chocolate is still gooey and melty.
If you're a fan of these giant single-serve cookies, here are some other ones you're sure to love!
• The Most Perfect Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
• Giant Single-Serve Double Chocolate Chip Cookie
• Giant Single-Serve Monster Cookie
If you decide you give this giant rocky road cookie a try, I hope you absolutely love it! Happy baking! ♥
Giant Single-Serve Rocky Road Cookie
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 8 mini marshmallows
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until everything is combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and sliced almonds. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Form dough into one giant ball and place in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Top the cookie dough with a few more chocolate chips and almonds, if desired. Pop into the oven and bake for 19-22 minutes. After 17 minutes or so, pull the cookie out of the oven and press the mini marshmallows into the top of the cookie. Pop the cookie back into the oven and continue baking for another 2-5 minutes.
- Once done baking, use a spatula or a spoon to gently pull in the edges of the cookie if it spread. Allow the cookie to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!